School of Education Certification Office
The College of New Jersey
P.O. Box 7718
2000 Pennington Rd. Ewing, NJ 08628
The TCNJ Certification Office, a Division of STEP, provides certification-related information and services to current, former, and prospective students. The office serves as a vital link between state certification-issuing agencies and TCNJ departments, programs, and administrative offices. Contact information: Jennifer Pirone- firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-771-2396.
*New NJ requirement for Certification; HIB Training (Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying). TCNJ has adopted HIB on-line training. Please click on the link below for information and instructions.
TCNJ State-Approved Programs Leading to Certification
- NJ Certification Process through TCNJ’s State Approved Programs. 2012
- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- Graduate Global Programs
About NJ Certification Through State-Approved Programs
Certification Information for Current Students
- Information for Current TCNJ Students F2012 (Program Completion, Certificate Issuance, ect.)
- ESSENTIAL: Things to Do, Essential Info.
- Praxis Testing
- NJ Health and Physiology Requirement
Additional Types of NJ Certification
- Alternate Route Teacher Certification in NJ
- Information: “Provisional Teacher Program”
- TCNJ is no longer an Alternate Route Training site for the Instructional “CE”, as required by the NJ State Department of Education. Although, we do offer 24 hour workshop sessions for those seeking the NJ P-3 “CE”. Please see TCNJ Graduate Studies web page for more info.
- Additional NJ teaching certificates in a Subject Area 2012 (endorsements for individuals certified in another area)
- 2013 14 middle school Certif. process
- Content Courses NJ MIDDLE SCHOOL 2012 2013
- P-3 Specialized Alternate Route Program for Teachers in Abbott Schools (More info located on Graduate Website)
- Substitute Teaching and other FAQ’s
Certification-Related Policies and Resources
- NJ State Department of Education
- Non-Us Citizens Oath and other NJ Forms
- Equivalency of Studies in Other Countries Note: Go to “Current Rules”, Chapter 9
See NJ code 6A, sections 6A:9-5.11 & 6A:9-5.14
- Praxis Tests Required by NJ
- Praxis Tests Required by PA
- Praxis Tests Required by Other States
- Praxis Tests Registration
Note: Praxis registration is on-line only.